With the marathon season approaching it is crucial that you look after your body to prevent injury. Due to the repetitive nature of running, overuse injuries are very commonly seen at the Chiltern Sports Massage’s clinic . With the mileage that you will cover in preparation, massage will reduce the chance of injury, and keep you training at a level where you are able to keep progressing.
- Massage reduces the tension help in muscular tissue, reducing the chance of overuse injuries with prolonged training.
- Massage removes any tight restrictions obtained from hard sessions, allowing you to train harder for longer and not train in painful tight conditions.
- Massage increases the speed of muscular recovery, meaning you train sooner after a hard session and still feel fresh.
- Regular contact with a massage therapist allows your body to be monitored, identifying any compensations or areas that are overworked due to your individual running style. These compensations can then be addressed and treated so that they don’t become detrimental to your performance and hamper your training programme.
- Chiltern Sports Massage can help with injuries and will provide a rehabilitation programme to get you back on the road.
Call now to programme your massage sessions and make 2016 the year to PB!